The game date will start on Wednesday, August 16th, the last five days of the summer vacation for Japanese students.
This RP is taking place after the events in vol.11 with the cast returning from the summer house. After their arrival, alarming news begins to circulate amongst the Sohma household! Akito is missing! Is this relief for the cursed Sohma members or is it a nightmare?
UPDATE: Now that Akito has been found, the new plot will surround Akito and the clan head's reaction to how the Jyuunishi carried themselves during his recent...absence. Plots and sub-plots abound, so who knows what will happen next?
New guidelines/rules and definitions for the RPG as follows:
1. If you don't contact us within a week of not posting, we're going to assume you're not interested in the RPG and terminate membership without notice. We've been quite lax in the past but now it's time to get tough. It's not that hard to post, nor is it that hard to drop us either an email or an IM with what's bothering ya. Especially since one or either (or both) of us is online every day.
2. With regards to the posting day - there's no reason why you can't just go ahead and say it's the next day for your character if you feel the posting day is getting too dragged out. Go ahead and make the post; if there are any issues, we'll get in touch, otherwise, continue on as regular :)
3. Spoilers. Everyone has their own definition of what a spoiler is, but we're not too terribly bothered right now. Some people are reading ahead, some are not. Most who are not, don't seem to be too terribly bothered either way, so we're not going to be worrying so much about this issue. It's not that important in the scheme of things. Especially given a few facts: There are members who know that Akito is a girl, namely Kureno, Shigure, Hatori, Ayame and possibly Ritsu. So it's perfectly ok for them to 'think about her as such, even if they can't talk about it in the post.
4. Please, PLEASE, don't bring outside issues into the RPG. What happens (or happened) elsewhere is to be kept elsewhere. If you have issues with other players, just don't play with them. It's as simple as that. If you can't avoid it, then just do as your characters would do, not as you would do. That's why it's an RPG. If an issue crops up in this RPG, it's to be kept in this RPG and not spread about. It's only common sense and courtesy to everyone else.
5. In the same vein, it's kinda not classy to be dissing other players, even if you don't feel you are. Try and keep to the idea that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say it at all. It's unfair to everyone to keep having to hear about whatever issues. Especially if they've already been addressed elsewhere. If you have THAT big of an issue, then maybe you shouldn't be here. We're here to RP and have fun, and this isn't fun.
6. The RPG itself: It's not that hard to post something, even just a few times a week. Or even once a week. I know we're all (or most of us) busy people, but if you're online, you can post. Simple as that. It doesn't take 5 minutes, even if you just post something like 'so and so went to get something to eat and met so and so while doing it.' At least that is something, and doesn't leave your RPG-mates stuck for something to do. It's not fair on them, it's not fair on us, it's not fair on the readers. It's courtesy, after all. If you join an RPG, you should be playing. If you can't, then please let us know and we'll find replacements.
7. We're not here to babysit you. With a few exceptions, we're all adults here, and should be acting accordingly. It's not fair for us (or your RPG-mates) to have to chase you down to post. The only really acceptable reason you can't post is serious illness or lack of computer. Again, if we're seeing you online (or knowing that you're hiding *pokes*) then you'd better have a damned good excuse for not posting. The time limit has now changed to a week. You have one week to post at least once, or let us know why you can't, otherwise we'll be advertising for replacements. If you're taking too much time off from the RPG, we'll also be finding someone else, because we need committed players who have the time to post, not someone who's keeping everyone back.
To avoid confusion, please be sure to label your entries with the date and time of day. You may not go back in time. Don't rely on us to tell you when it's the next day. If you feel the need, label your post as being the next day, but make sure your previous thread(s) have all been exited in the required manner.
Example: Oct. 16th-Morning-Shigure's house
Players are by no means expected to adhere to the manga or the anime nor are they limited to the canon couples. However, it is important that you keep your character as IC as possible. Spoilers past Vol. 12 are not encouraged. Use your judgement when posting.
Note: Not all players are interested in romantic pairings, or in those suggested by the manga/anime. Please feel free to discuss with other RPers, but respect their choices.